« ForrigeFortsæt »
JOSEPH HALL, D.D.
SUCCESSIVELY BISHOP OF EXETER AND NORWICH:
WITH SOME ACCOUNT OF HIS LIFE AND SUFFERINGS,
WRITTEN BY HIMSELF.
A NEW EDITION, REVISED AND CORRECTED :
WITH CONSIDERABLE ADDITIONS, A TRANSLATION OF ALL THE LATIN PIECES,
AND A GLOSSARY, INDICES, AND NOTES.
14. The fourth antidote of Crosses : from their Issue
15. Of the importunity and terror of Death
16. The grounds of the fear of Death
17. Remedy of the last and greatest breach of peace, arising from
18. The second rank of the enemies of Peace.— The first remedy of
an over prosperous estate : the vanity and unprofitableness of
Riches : the first enemy on the right hand
19. The second enemy on the right hand, Honour
20. The second remedy of overjoyed prosperity : That it exposes to
21. The vanity of Pleasure : the third enemy on the right hand ib.
22. Positive Rules of our Peace.— The fruition of God in holy exer-