« ForrigeFortsæt »
defpife the Gentiles. As he preachetb Chrift to Cornelius and his Company, the Holy Ghoft falleth on them, and they are baptized.
To which is annexed, Prophecies in the Old Teftament relating to the Calling and Converfion of the Gentiles,' and the Completion thereof; as appears by the Hiftory of the Alts, and the Epiftles of the Apostles 400
CHA P. XI.
CHA P. XV.
CHA P. XVII.
CHA P. XX.
CHA P. XXI.
CHA P. XXII.
CHA P. XXIV.
CHA P. XXVI.
CHA P. XXVII.
CHA P. XXVIII.
Note, The Contents of the Chapters of the ACTS of the APOSTLES, to which no References are annexed, are not here inferted, being put before every Chapter.
CHRIST JESUS the Meffiah,
HE DIVINITY of our Saviour is clearly PROVED by many Prophecies in the Old Teftament, relating to the PROMISED MESSIAH; and the Time of his coming into the World, more plainly made known by the Appearance of ANGELS, and VOICES from Heaven, which proclaimed Him to be the Son of God.
His DIVINE and ALMIGHTY POWER, is evinced by the Miracles he wrought; in his healing all manner of Diseases, giving Sight to the Blind, raising the Dead, &c. See Chapter of Miracles.
Our Saviour afferts his DEITY in his Difcourfes with the Pharifees, and when He was examined by the High Prieft and Sanhedrin, whether He was the MESSIAH.
This Truth is established by his RESURRECTION : This all the Apostles believed, and preached both to Jews and Gentiles, and Devils confeffed; and is the
Bafis of the Chriftian Re
ligion; as appears from the Prophecies in the Old Tef
tament, defcribing the DEITY of the MESSIAH.
Y Heart is inditing
4. In Him was LIFE, and the Life was the LIGHT of Men.
5. And the Light fhineth in Darkness, and the Darknefs comprehended it not.
6. There was a Man fent from God, whofe Name was John:
7. The fame came for a Witness, to bear witnefs of the LIGHT, that all Men through him might believe.
8. He was not that Light, but was fent to bear WITNESS of that Light.
9. That was the TRUE LIGHT, which LIGHTETH every Man that cometh into the World.
10. He was in the World, and the World was MADE by him, and the World knew him not:
11. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12. But as many as received him, to them gave he
2. Thou art fairer than the Chil
den of Men: GRACE is poured into thy Lips: therefore God hath bleffed thee for ever.
3. Gird thy Sword upon thy Thigh, O MOST MIGHTY: with thy GLORY and thy MAJESTY.
4. And in thy Majetty ride profperously, because of TRUTH, and MEEKNESS, and RIGHTEOUSNESS: and thy right Hand fhall teach thee terrible Things.
Pfalm 1xviii. 17. The Chariots of GoD are twenty thousand, even thoufands of ANGELS; the Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the Holy Place.
18. Thou haft ASCENDED on
high, thou haft led Captivity cap
tive: thou haft received Gifts for Men; yea, for the REBELLIOUS alfo, that the LORD GOD might dwell among them.
Pfalm lxxii. 11. All KINGS fhall fall down before him; all NATIONS
fhall ferve him.
12. For he fhall deliver the Needy when he crieth; the Poor alfo, and him that hath no Helper.
14. He fhall REDEEM their SOUL from Deceit and Violence; and precious fhall their Blood be in is Sight.
17. His Name fhall ENDURE for EVER; his Name fall be continufhall be BLESSED in him: all Naed as long as the Sun; and MEN
tions fhall call him BLESSED.
19. And bleffed be his GLORIOUS NAME for ever and ever, and let the whole EARTH be filled with his GLORY.
Pfalm xcvi. 2. Sing unto the Lord, BLESS his Name: fhew forth his SALVATION from Day to Day. 3. Declare
POWER to become the SONS of GOD, even to them that BELIEVE on his Name : 13. Which were born, not of Blood, nor of the Will of Flefh, nor of the Will of Man, but of GOD.
14. And the WORD was made Flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his GLORY, the Glory as of the ONLY BEGOTTEN of the Father) full of GRACE and TTUTH. Matt. xvi. 27. The SON of MAN fhall come in the GLORY of his Father, with his Angels, and then he fhall reward every Man according to his Works.
Chap. xix. 28. And Jefus faid unto them, Verily I fay unto you, that ye which have followed me in the Regeneration, when the Son of Man fhall fit in the THRONE of his GLORY, ye alfo fhall fit upon twelve Thrones, judging the twelve Tribes of If
Phil. ii. 5. Let this Mind be in you, which was alfo in Chrift Fefus:
6. Who being in the Form of God, thought it not Robbery to be EQUAL with GoD:
7. But made himself of no Reputation, and took upon him the Form of a Servant, and was made in the Likenefs of Men:
3. Declare his GLORY among the Heathen, his WONDERS among all People.
4. For the Lord is GREAT, and greatly to be praised; he is to be FEAKED above all Gods. Prov. viii. 22. The Lord poffeffed me in the Beginning of his WAY, before his WORKS of OLD.
23. I was fet up from EVERLASTING, from the Beginning, or ever the EARTH was.
24. When there were no Depths, I was brought forth; when there were no Fountains abounding with Water.
25. Before the Mountains were
fettled; before the Hills was I brought forth:
26. While as yet he had not made the EARTH, nor the Fields, nor the highest part of the Duft of the
27. When he prepared the HEAVENS, I WAS there; when he fet
Compafs upon the Face of the
28. When he established the
Clouds above, when he ftrengthned the Fountains of the Deep:
Decree, that the Waters fhould not 29. When he gave to the Sea his pafs his Commandment: when he appointed the Foundations of the Earth:
30. Then was I by him, as one
brought up with him; and I was daily his Delight, rejoicing always before him:
Part of his Earth, and my Delights 31. Rejoicing in the habitable
were with the Sons of Men.
32, Now therefore hearken untò me, O ye Children; for BLESSED are they that keep my Ways.
33. Hear Inftruction, and be wife, and refuse it not.
34. Bleffed is the Man that hear
eth me, watching daily at my Gates, waiting at the Pofts of my Doors.
35. For whofo findeth me, findeth LIFE, and fhall obtain FAVOUR of the Lord.
8. And being found in fa36. But he that SINNETH against fhion as a Man, he нUM- ME, wrongeth his own Soul; all BLED himself, and became they that hate me, love DEATH.