« ForrigeFortsæt »
obedient to Death, even the Isaiah vi. 1. I saw the Lord lit. Death of the Cross.
ting upon a THRONE, high and
lifted up, and his Train filled the 9. Wherefore God also Temple. hath highly EXALTED him,
2. Above it stood the Seraphims: and given him a Name which
each one had fix Wings, with
twain he covered his Face, and with is above every Name : twain he covered his Feet, and with
10. That at the Name of twain he did fly. JÉSUS every Knee Should 3. And one cried unto another,
and said, HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is the bow, of Things in HEAVEN, Lord of Hosts, the whole Earth and Things in EARTH, and is full of his GLORY. Things under the Earth; 4.
And the Posts of the Door
moved at the Voice of him that 11. And thatevery Tongue cried, and the House was filled with Should confess that Jesus Smoak. Christ is LORD, to the GLO
's. Then said I, Wo is me. for I RY of God the Father.
am undone, because I am a Man of
unclean Lips; for mine Eyes have Col. i. 12. Giving Thanks seen the KING, the Lord of Hosts. unto the Father, which hath John xii. 41. These Things said made us meet to be partakers Isaiah, when he saw his GLORY,
and space of him. of the Inheritance of the Ifai. ix. 6. For unto us a Child Saints in Light:
is born, uinto us a Son is given,
and the GOVERNMENT shall be 13. Who hath delivered us
upon his Shoulder : and his NAME from the Power of Darkness, ihall be called , WONDERFUL, and hath translated us into COUNSELLOR, The MIGHTY GOD, the KINGDOM of his dear
The EVERLASTING FATHER, The
PRINCE OF PEACE. SON:
7. Of the increase of his GOVERN14. In whom we have RE- Ment and Peace, there shall be DEMPTION thro' his Blood, no END, upon the Throne of Da
vid, and upon his Kingdom, to oreven the Forgiveness of Sins. der’ it, and to establish it, with
15. Who is the Image of JUDGMENT and with Justice, the INVISIBLE GOD, the from henceforth even for ever. First-born of every Creature: God will come with a strong Hand,
Chap. xl. 10. Behold, the Lord 16. For by him were all and his Arm shall rule for him : Things CREATED that are behold, his Reward is with him, in Heaven, and that are in and his work before him.
11. He shall feed his Fleck like EARTH, visible and invisible, a Shepherd); he shall gather the whether they be THRONES, them in his Bosom, and shall gent
Lambs with his Arm, and carry or DOMINIONS, or PRINCI
ly Icad those that are with Young. PALITIES, or POWERS: ALL
12. Who has measured the WaThings were CREATED by ters in the hollow of his Hand? him, and for him.
and 'meted our Heaven with the
Span, and comprehended the Dust 17. And he is before all of the Earth in a Measure, and Things, and by him all weighed the Mountains in Scales, Things CONSIST.
and the Hills in a Balance ? 18. And
5 18. And he is the Head of 22. It is he that fitteth upon the the Body, the Church: who bitants thereof are as Grashoppers ;
Circle of the Earth, and the Inhais the Beginning, the First- that stretcheth out the Heavens as born from the Dead, that in a Curtain, and spreadeth them out all Things he might have the as a Tent to dwell in ; all NA
TIONS before him are as NOTHING. Pre-eminence.
Chap. liv. s. For thy MAKER 19. For it pleased the Fa- is thine HUSBAND, (the Lord of ther, that in him should all Hosts is his Name;) and thy Rea
deemer the HOLY ONE of Israel, FULNESS dwell.
the God of the whole EARTH Chap. ii. 9. For in him shall he be called. dwelleth all the Fulness of Jerem. xxiii. s. Behold, the Days
come, saith the LORD, that I will the GODHEAD bodily.
raise unto David a righteous Branch, Heb. i. 1. GOD who at and a King shall reign and proffundry Times, and in divers per, and shall execute JUDGMENT Manners, fpake in Time past
and Justice in the Earth.
6. In his Days fudab shall be unto the Fathers by the Pro- SAVED, and Israel shall dwell fafephets,
ly : and this is his Name whereby 2. 'Hath in these last Days OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
he shall be called, THE LORD spoken unto us by his Son, Isai ah xxxv. 4. Say to them that whom he hath appointed are of a fearful Heart, Be STRONG, Heir of all Things, by whom fear not; behold, your Gou will
come with Vengeance, even God also he MADE the WORLDS.
with a Recompence, he will come 3. Who being the BRIGH'r- and save you. NESS of his GLORY, and the 5. Then the Eyes of the BLIND
shall be opened, and the Ears of express Image of his per the Deaf Dhall be unstopped. SON, and UPHOLDING all
6. Then shall the LAMĘ Man Things by the Word of his lçap as an Hart, and the Tongue of
the Dumb fing. Power, when he had by himself PURGED
our Sins, sat down on the right Hand of the MAJESTY on high :
4. Being made so much better than the Angels, as he hath by Inheritance obtained a more excellent Name than they.
5. For unto which of the Angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this Day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a FATHER, and he shall be to me a Son?
6. And again, when he bringeth in the First-begotten into the World, he faith, And let all the ANGELS of God WORSHIP him.
7. And of the Angels he faith, who maketh his Angels Spirits, and his Ministers a Flame of Fire.
8. But unto the Son he faith, * Thy THRONE, O God, is for EVER and EVER ; a SCEPTRE of RIGHTEOUS
NESS * Pfalm xly. 6, 7.
NESS is the SCEPTRE of thy KINGDOM :
9. Thou hast loved Righteousness, and hated Iniquity; therefore God, even thy God hath anointed thee with the Oil of Gladness above thy Fellows.
10. And thou, LORD, in the Beginning haft laid the Foundations of the EARTH; and the Heavens are the Works of thy Hands.
11. They shall PERISH, but thou REMAINEST : they shall wax old as doth a Garment.
12. And as a Vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy Years shall not fail.
13. But to which of the Angels said he at any time, Sit on my right Hand, until I make thine Enemies thy Footstool ?
14. Are they not all ministring Spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be Heirs of Salvation ?
Rev. i. 8. I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, saith the LORD, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the ALMIGHTY.
II. As the Coming of the Messiah was foretold by
all the Prophets; fo before and after his Birth, he was made known to the World by the Appearance of Angels, by Voices from Heaven, and by divers Signs and Miracles.
1. The Angel Gabriel ap
pears to Zacharias, when be was offering Incense in
the Temple. Luke ND there appeared Malachi Bhold, I will send my
unto him an An- hall prepare the way before me GEL of the LORD, standing and the Lord whom ye seek, shall on the right side of the Al suddenly come to his Temple; even tar of Incense.
the MESSENGER of the Cove12. And when Zacharias hold, he shall come, faith the LORD
NANT, whom ye delight in : besaw him, he was troubled, of Hofts. and Fear fell upon him.
13. But the Angel said Dan. vii. 13. I saw in the Nightunto him, Fear not, Zacha- the Son of Man'came with the
Visions; and behold, one like unto rias: for thy Prayer is heard, Clouds of Heaven, and came to the and thy Wife Elisabeth shall ANCIENT of Days, and they bear thee a Son, and thou brought him near before him.
14. And there was given him Salt call his Name John. DOMINIon and Glory, and a
16. And many of the Chil- KINGDOM, that all people, Nadren of Israel shall
he turn him : his DOMINION is an EVER
tions, and Languages should SERVE to the LORD their God.
LASTING DOMINION, which shall 17. And † he shall go be- not pass away, and his KINGDOM fore him in the SPIRIT and that which shall not be destroyed.
Mal. iv. s. + Behold, I will send Power of Elias.
you Elijah the Prophet, before the coming of the great and dreadful
Day of the LORD: 6. And he shall turn the Heart of the Fathers to the Children, and the Heart of the Children to their Fathers.
2. The Angel Gabriel appears to the Blesed Virgin.
Luke i. 26. And the Angel Gabriel was sent from GOD, unto a City of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27. To á Virgin whose Name was Mary.
28. And the Angel came in unto her, and said, Hail thou that art highly favoured, the LORD is with thee : Bleffed art thou
among Women. 30. And the Angel said unto her, FEAR not, Mary : for thou haft found Favour with God.
31. And behold, thou shalt conceive in thy Womb, and bring forth a Son, and shalt call his Name JESUS.
32. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Higi] EST į and the Lord God shall give unto him the Throne of his father David.
33. And he shall reign over the House of Jacob for EVER, and of his KINGDOM there shall be no ỂND.
3. An Host of Angels appears to the Shepherds, who from
Heaven proclaim the glad Tidings of the Gospel.
Luke ji. 8. And there were in the same Country Shepherds abiding in the Field, keeping Watch over their Flock by Night.
9. And lo, the Angel of the LORD came upon them, and the GLORY of the LORD shone round about them, and they were sore afraid.
10. And the Angel said unto them, Fear not: for behold, I bring you GOOD TIDINGS of great Joy, which fhall be to all people.
11. For unto you is born this Day, in the City of David, a SAVIOUR, which is CHRIST the LORD.
13. And suddenly there was with the Angel a Multitude of the HEAVENLY HOST PRAISING God, and saying,
14. GLORY to God in the highest, and on Earth PEACE, Good Will towards Men.
4. By the Appearance of a
Star, f the Eastern Magi † Herein the Prophecy of are led to the Place of Balaam is verified. bis Birth, where they adored Him.
Matt. ii. 1. Now when Numb. xxiv. 15. And he took up Fesus was born in Bethle- Son of Beer 'hath faid, and the Man
his Parable, and said, Balaam the bem of Judea in the Days of whule Eyes are open, hath faid: Herod the King, behold, 16. He hath said, which heard the there came Wise Men from Words of God, and knew the Know
ledge of the Most High, which the East to Jerufalem, faw the Vision of the Almighty,
2. Saying, Where is he falling into a Trance, out having that is born King of the his Eyes open :
17. 'I shall see him, but not now; Fews ? for we have seen his I shall behold him, but not nigh: Star in the East, and are There shall come a Star out of come to worship him.
Jacob, and a SCEPTRE shall rise out of Israel.
Isai. 1x. 3. And the Gentiles shall come to thy LIGHT, and KINGS to the Brightness of thy Riting.
5. At bis Baptifin. Matt. iii. 16. And Jesus when he was Baptized, went up straightway out of the Water ; and lo, the Heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the SPIRIT of God defcending like a Dove, and lighting upon him.
17. And lo, a Voice from Heaven, saying, This is my BELOVED SON, in whom I am well PLEASED.
6. At bis Transfiguration. Matt. xvii. 5. While he yet
2 Pet. i. 16. For we have not spake, a bright Cloud
over followed cunningly devised Fables,
. you shadowed