« ForrigeFortsæt »
J. These Popish holy days were, excluded with one or two excepting from low : Payer books: but the following wee_ reasons why they were restored. It our courts of justice. accustomed to make their returns and date their writs upon them or their vigils : 2nd many trades kept the memory of their tutetar Saint : 3rd Churches being dedicated to them Wakes & fairs were held : 4th In reading old histories they wee a necessary quide to determine the time.
2. Died 367.
3. Suffered under Decius, 253. 4. From the legend of her havz appeared to her parents with a lamb by her side, the Roman taries on this day offer two upon her altar. Then are put with the choisest pasture by the command of the Pope, and from their wool a fine white cloth is speen, and consecra: ArchBishop. ": ted for the palls wh are sent to
5. Isheaded under Claudius. 271. _ She was celebrated for his Ition love & Charit.
1. Uncle of King Arthur.- By his diligence Pelagianism was rooted out. His mother was a Nan. – Meneira was calend from him since that time H. David's - died 462.2 . Suffered under Severus. 205.
3. Pope 590. Fied 604. The opposed the title of Universal Bishop assumed by the bishop of Constantinople, as profane & anti-christian.
4. Murdered 978. _ ordered to be kept holy by Innocent 4th
very old t
6. His said that while administering the Eucharist, the chelie fell out of his hand, but the wine fell not to the ground. 7. Died 396.
8. Bom in Cappadocia. Suffered under Dioclesian 240.Suphored to have tom down the Edict aft" the Xtions. rdopted for the English from having appeared to Robert duke of Normandy, whilst besiegi, iutiveh, to apistry assisting him with an imminerable army.
1. Find by order of Helena mother of Constantine the Great: there were three crosses, but the for true one was known by resting a dead man to life._ It was miraculously multiplied to suit the demand for pieces of it.
2. It is sad said that before this gate he was thrown nito the caldron by order of Bonition:
3. Sied 988.
4. Bom at Yarrow 673._
5. A sayon Presbyter bom in England._ Made Bishop 745. – He was called the Aportte of Germany. - Murdered 755.
6. A. 8. 250.